Call for Program Ambassadors
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Posted by: Nikole Good
Call for Program Ambassadors
ASTNA is always looking for members who wish to be involved in the life and business of our great , dynamic association. Presently, we are looking for 6 members who would like to be involved with our membership boost initiative. If you have been wanting to get involved, are energetic and enthusiastic, please e-mail us your contact details as well as your program affiliation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!! For more information, please see below.
ASTNA Program Ambassador
In order to get feedback and involvement from our nurses on the frontlines, we are launching the Program Ambassador initiative. This will enable nurses in each and every flight and CCT program to get involved with ASTNA and promote the benefits of professional association membership at a grassroots level. ASTNA wants to be in touch with our nurses on the frontlines and know what is important to them in terms of being a member of our association. The Program ambassador initiative has the following goals:
1. Become an avenue for nurses to become actively involved in the life of ASTNA and be groomed for future election to the board of directors (succession planning)
2. Promote professional membership at a grassroots/ local level to fellow nurses through ASTNA notice boards, e-mail blasts, talks at program meetings. Being the ASTNA representative at program meetings and informing the ASTNA board of local issues that ASTNA may be able to assist with.
3. Educate program management about the benefits of our Program membership discounts which in turn become huge savings for TraCer courses (CFRN/ CTRN Review course), TPATC courses, discounted
conference attendance and an exclusive discount for taking CFRN/ CTRN board certification exams through the BCEN.
4. Serve as a liaison between ASTNA and each and every Flight/ CCT program in the country and abroad.
5. To serve as a local state/ county contact person when there are issues of local concern that deserves the attention of ASTNA.
6. To encourage nurse publication of journal articles in Wheels, wings and rotors and Air Medical Journal
7. To encourage participation in Critical Care Transport Nurse day events as well as annual luncheon
8. To serve as a local representative for ASTNA and take on local ASTNA projects with the board’s approval.
9. To speak about the importance of Professional Association Membership at program orientation classes and get new nurses excited about being ASTNA members.
10.To encourage the utilization of ASTNA products /services within their program (TPATC, TraCer) and become involved in these educational programs as instructors, advisory board members etc.
How to get involved:
1. E-mail your contact details (e-mail address, telephone number, mailing address)
2. E-mail us your ASTNA membership number and which program you currently work for and what position you hold within that program.
3. A brief paragraph about why you would like to become your program’s ASTNA ambassador .
Please e-mail us at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon !