So you want to host a TPATC?
What site requirements and considerations are necessary to host a successful TPATC? The following list will help you determine if you are able to bring TPATC to your location.
TPATC Site Requirements:
- Significant logistical time requirement.
- Access to an invasive skills suite, cadaver lab or ample space to accommodate human patient simulators for Invasive Skills Station. (Trauma Man will be ordered through the ASTNA National Office. At this time, Trauma Man is the only model approved for use with the TPATC.)
- Available course Medical Director for the invasive skills lab--if local requirements for the invasive skills lab require this.
- Break-out rooms for TPATC Skills stations with table and chairs
- Chest x-ray interpretation
- C-Spine x-ray interpretation
- Airway Scenarios
- Airway Skills
- Patient Assessment
- Access to equipment necessary for invasive skills lab and each break-out TPATC skills station. An equipment list is available from the ASTNA National Office if desired.
- Access and ability to arrange hotel rooms for instructors and students at reasonable rates.
- Accessible transportation to the course site from the hotel, if necessary.
- Access to a minimum of six moulage victims for testing scenarios.
- Available audiovisual equipment including screen, two LCD PowerPoint projectors, podium with microphone to present power point presentations.
If the above requirements are obtainable, please contact the National Office to discuss the possibility of hosting a TPATC.