UnityPoint Health Des Moines, Hiring for Pediatric Transport (RN) and Adult Team (RN) Adult RN will be based in Fort Dodge Iowa, Pediatric Transport RN will rotate between Des Moines and Fort Dodge.
Flight RN & Pediatric Transport RN
UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Des Moines, Iowa
Type:Full Time - Experienced
Sector:Hospital, Public and Private
Preferred Education: RN
UnityPoint Health Des Moines
UnityPoint LifeFlight provides air and ground critical care transport services in Iowa; based in Des Moines and Fort Dodge and a part of the UnityPoint Health Des Moines system consisting of Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Blank Childrens Hospital, Methodist West and Iowa Lutheran Hospital. LifeFlight has three teams; Neonatal, Pediatric and Adult. We fly RN-Medic and RN-RN with the addition of RT for our IABP and Nitric program. The only program in Iowa to carry blood products, member of the Iowa Regional Air Medical Safety Committee, AAMS and AMPA and serves to be a leader in air medical transport in Iowa.
Hiring Nurses for the Adult and Pediatric Transport teams. Provides nursing care defined by the scope of practice for Registered Nurse in Iowa and as authorized by the LifeFlight Medical Director. Participate in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with other health care team members. Collaborates with physicians and other health care workers maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, improved patient care and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families. Successful performance demonstrates a commitment to the highest standard of safety for patients and program operations as well as commitment to represent UnityPoint Health in professional manner following the organizations CORE Values and Expectations for Service Excellence.
1. Associate or Bachelor Degree in Nursing 2. Current Iowa license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
1. Minimum 3-5 years full-time Emergency/Critical Care Unit RN experience (preferred) 2. Flight Nurse (preferred, not required) 3. Read, write and comprehend English.
4. Computer skills
1. Current Iowa license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
2. Iowa Nurse Equivalency or Certification as a Paramedic (Iowa or NREMT) 3. ACLS, PALS, NRP, TPATC or TNCC 4. Prefer CEN, CFRN or CCRN (required within 2 years of hire)
Additional Salary Information: commensurate with experience
MedStar Flight Clinical Nurse
YOU ARE AN EXTRAORDINARY LEADER.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER.
This is the environment that defines MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Benefit from the resources, development programs and the minds of the largest private hospital in the nation's capital, ranked among America's Best. Let's get you working with us today.
In this vital role, you will be responsible for critical care patient management during air and ground transport, including patients requiring invasive cardiac monitoring, intra-aortic balloon pumps, ABIOMEDs, Heartmate LVAD, and other cardiac assist devices. The flight nurse will also be required to work in a 5-bed trauma resuscitation unit.
• DC RN licensure (or eligibility)
• Successful completion of Physical Assessment (course or challenge) within 120 days of hire
• ACLS, CPR, BLS, PALS, and NRP certification
• At least 3 years of critical care/ICU experience
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
•Bachelor’s degree preferred
Get started here. nursingatmwhc.com
Tobacco-Free Workplace. EOE/AA.